Exportation of Non-traditional Goods - Simplification of Formalities and Processes
Decree No. 2.292 was published in Official Gazette No. 6.222 Extraordinary of April 1, 2016. Said Decree contains the Instructions for Simplification of the Formalities and Processes related to the Exportation of Non-traditional Goods (the “Decree”).
Following are some of the most important aspects of the Decree:
1.-The purpose of the Decree is to establish the mechanisms, requirements, conditions, and formalities for processing the requests for and issuance of the certificates, permits, and licenses required by the agencies and entities of the Public Administration in the processes of exportation of non-traditional goods.
2.-The permits and certificates established in the Decree have a non-transferable nature and they will be valid for the exportation concerned or for that expressly indicated in the instructions for specific cases.
3.- The Decree establishes the mechanism for processing the following authorizations, certificates, license or permits for exportation of non-traditional goods.
• Permit for Exportation of Goods subject to Legal Regime 4.
• Phytosanitary Certificate and Animal-health Certificate for Exportation.
• Permit for Exportation of Fishing, Sub-fishing, Aquatic Products and Ichthyosanitary Certificate.
• Certificate of Origin.
• Certificate issued by the National Institute of Hygiene “Rafael Rangel” (medicines and food).
• Authorization for Exportation of Coffee Beans and Cocoa Beans.
• Certification of Free Sale and Consumption.
• Permit for Exportation of Forest Products.
• Certificate of Satisfied Internal Demand for Exportation.
4.- Temporary, Repealing, and Final Provisions.
• Up to March 31, 2017, the permits for exportation applicable to chemical pesticides or biological control agents for public and industrial health, agricultural and domestic use, issued by the National Institute of Integral Agricultural Health (Instituto Nacional de Salud Agrícola Integral - INSAI) to which numbers 6 and 11 of article 68 of the Law of Integral Agricultural Health refer will not be required in the national territory.
• The competent entities are instructed to immediately repeal (i) Joint Resolution of the Ministry of Agriculture and Breeding No. 069, Ministry of Finance No. 3.049, and Ministry of Development No. 0911, published in Official Gazette of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela No. 35.928 of 03/26/1996, in the matters referred to the regime of exportation of coffee beans, cocoa beans, and their products and byproducts; (ii) Resolution No. 026/2014 issued by the Ministry of the Popular Power for Industry, published in Official Gazette No. 40.368 of 03/10/2014, and (iii) all rules and instruments of a sublegal nature, whether they be resolutions, rulings, circular letters, or others issued in connection with permits, licenses, and certificates applicable to exports, which conflict with the provisions of the Decree..
The Decree enters into force as from April 11, 2016.
In order to access the Decree, please click here.
“NOTE: THIS INFORMATION SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE ON ANY SPECIFIC MATTER AND ITS CONTENT ARE INTENDED AS A MANAGEMENT ALERT AS TO CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN VENEZUELA, ANY SPECIFIC LEGAL QUESTIONS REGARDING THE POSSIBLE APPLICATION OF NEW OR PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO PARTICULAR SITUATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO TRAVIESO EVANS ARRIA RENGEL & PAZ.”