Conditions for Supply of Spare Parts for the Public Service of Land Transportation
A Joint Resolution issued by the Ministries of the Popular Power for Commerce and for Land Transportation and Public Works was published in Official Gazette No. 40,622 of March 17, 2015. Said Resolution establishes the conditions for supply of spare parts and consumable supplies for the Public Service of Land Transportation of Passengers and Cargo through the Transportation Supply Departments (Proveedurías) and the Venezuelan System of Spare Parts and Consumable Supplies for the Public Land Transportation Sector (Sistema Venezolano de Repuestos e Insumos para el Sector Transporte Público Terrestre - “SIVERIST”).
Among the most significant aspects, the Resolution establishes as follows:
1. All companies that manufacture spare parts and consumable supplies for all forms of vehicles for public transportation of passengers and cargo vehicles must be registered with the SIVERIST.
2. The quotas or allotments of the manufacturers registered and to be registered with the SIVERIST will be of 20% of their production and will be intended for the Supply Departments of Spare Parts and Consumable Supplies, in order to attend to the providers of the public service of passenger and cargo transportation.
3. The fair prices to be paid to the manufacturers of spare parts and consumable supplies, as well as the end price of sale to the public through the Supply Departments of Spare Parts and Consumable Supplies, will be fixed as per the regulatory parameters contained in the Organic Law of Fair Prices.
4. Without prejudice to the fact that the entity in charge of carrying the aforesaid Joint Resolution into effect may add others, the SIVERIST includes wheels, batteries, lubricants, brakes, filters, belts, wires, hoses, spirals, shock absorbers, and leaf springs.
5. The Urban Transportation National Fund Foundation (Fundación Fondo Nacional de Transporte Urbano - FONTUR will be the entity in charge of the execution and supervision of the Joint Resolution, in order to which it must establish monthly meetings with the manufacturers and importers of spare parts and consumable supplies for the sector of public transportation of passengers and cargo, with the purpose of guaranteeing compliance with the same.
The Joint Resolution will become effective upon its publication in the Official Gazette.
In order to access the Joint Resolution, please click here.
“NOTE: THIS INFORMATION SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE ON ANY SPECIFIC MATTER AND ITS CONTENT ARE INTENDED AS A MANAGEMENT ALERT AS TO CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN VENEZUELA, ANY SPECIFIC LEGAL QUESTIONS REGARDING THE POSSIBLE APPLICATION OF NEW OR PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO PARTICULAR SITUATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO TRAVIESO EVANS ARRIA RENGEL & PAZ.”