Sofía Annese Barrios
Member of Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz since 2017. Sofía graduated Cum Laude from Universidad Rafael Urdaneta in 2015. She is a member of the Department of Civil, Mercantile, and Labor Litigation of the Firm.
She took Advanced Courses on the areas of Company Law (2015) and Precautionary Measures (2016). She approved a course on Finance for Non-financial Executives at the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración (IESA) and an Advanced Course on Teacher Training at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (2017). She completed a Specialization in Labor Law and Social Security at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (2017) and is currently taking courses in order to obtain a Master’s degree in Banking and Finance at said University.
She has experience in following up cases at civil, mercantile, and agrarian courts, as well as labor cases before judicial and administrative authorities in the west region of the country. She also has experience in drafting briefs and reports and in the relevant negotiation of each case.
- Graduate thesis entitled “Análisis del contenido y alcance del derecho al desarrollo en el marco del Derecho Internacional Público y su regulación en el ordenamiento jurídico venezolano”.
Positions and Recognitions
- Academic distinction Cum Laude. Universidad Rafael Urdaneta, Maracaibo, Zulia State, Venezuela (2012).
- Executive Coordinator of the I International Congress on University, Academic Freedom, and University Autonomy. Universidad del Zulia and other institutions. State of Zulia, Venezuela (2017).
Constitutional Law Professor at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (2015 - present).
Thesis advisor and member of examining committee at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (2015 - present).
- Corporate Law.
- Universidad Rafael Urdaneta. Master’s degree in Banking and Finance (currently studying).
- Universidad Rafael Urdaneta. Specialization in Labor Law and Social Security (2017).
- Fundación Espacio Legal. Advanced Studies on Precautionary Measures (2016).
- Universidad Rafael Belloso Chacín. Advanced Studies on Company Law (2015).
- Universidad Rafael Urdaneta, Maracaibo. (Cum Laude) 2015.
- Constitutional Law Professor at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta. (2015 - present).
- Legal and and Administrative Assistant. Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz (2014).