Rosa María Mejuto (TEHAR)
Member of TEHAR since year 2000. She graduated from Universidad Santa María in 1995 and holds a Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property Law from the New Hampshire University, School of Law, USA (1997).
In 2006, she completed postgraduate studies on Consumer based Brand Equity at the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración, (IESA), Caracas, Venezuela.
Public Sworn Translator in the English and Spanish languages. Member of the Venezuelan Bar of the Federal District; member of the Association of Venezuelan Industrial Property Agents (COVAPI), member of the Interamerican Intellectual Property Association (ASIPI) member of the International Trademark Association (INTA); member of the Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI). She is currently a member of COVAPI’s Board of Directors and Vice-President of the Intellectual Property Committee in the Venezuelan American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Venamcham).
Rosa María has over 18 years’ experience in intellectual property protection, namely, trademarks, patents, copyrights and technology transfer.
- Branding; Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración, (IESA). Guest professor; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014.
- “The Need of a New Legislation regarding Intellectual Property Rights”. Debates IESA, July -September edition, 2014.
Positions and Recognitions
- Partner and coordinator in Tehar, Intellectual Property Department and affiliate of Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz Law Firm.
- TEHAR has been included in the Chambers & Partners® publication since 2010 and Rosa María is ranked in Band 2. She is also highlighted as an expert in the World Trademark Review.
- Since 2005, Rosa Maria is a volunteer for SENOSALUD, a non-profit organization sponsored by Pfizer and the Venezuelan Mastology Association to bring awareness to the community of the importance of early detection of breast cancer.
(58-212) 918-33 44
- Intellectual Property
- Technology Transfer
- Branding, Trademark Value Management; Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración, IESA. Caracas, Venezuela. (2006).
- Ministry of Interior and Justice, Sworn Public Translator in the English and Spanish Languages. (1998).
- University of New Hampshire, School of Law; Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, New Hampshire, USA. Masters Degree in Intellectual Property Law. (1997).
- Universidad Santa María. Lawyer. (1995).
- Associate Lawyer in Hoet, Pelaez Castillo y Asociados. (1995-2000).