Javier E. Ruan S.
Attorney graduated from Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Caracas, Venezuela, in 1997. He has been a member of Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz since 1997 and in year 2011, he became a partner of the Firm. He completed a specialization in Civil Procedural Law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Cum Laude), in 2005. He completed the course load of the specialization in Mercantile Law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. He will present the required monograph for graduation.
Currently, he is a Professor of Procedural Law Foundations, Civil Procedure, and Argumentation/Evidence at the School of Law and Liberal Arts of Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas, Venezuela. He was an Assistant Professor to the course on Professional Ethics in the School of Law of Universidad Monteávila (2002-2004).
In the exercise of his career, his activities have been focused on the preventive area (answers to consultation, opinions, audits, contracts) and the judicial area (litigation). He has participated in numerous civil and mercantile judicial proceedings before the Supreme Tribunal of Justice, the Courts of the Judicial Circumscription of the Metropolitan Area of Caracas and of other cities of the country. Also, he has participated in several commercial arbitration proceedings, mainly under the rules of the arbitration centers of the Business Center of Conciliation and Arbitration (CEDCA), the Caracas Chamber of Commerce (CCC), and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). He is included in the list of arbitrators of the CEDCA and the CCC.
- Jurisprudential review: "The impressions of E-mails are valid if they are not challenged", published in journal Cuestiones Jurídicas of Universidad Rafael Urdaneta, Vol. VI, No. 1, January-June 2012.
- Professor of Argumentation/Evidence at Universidad Metropolitana (2008-Present).
- Professor of Procedural Law and Civil Procedure at Universidad Metropolitana (2006-Present).
- Assistant Professor to the course on Professional Ethics at Universidad Monteávila (2002-2004).
- Litigation, Arbitration and other Methods of Dispute Resolution
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Specialist in Mercantile Law. (currently studying)
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Specialization in Civil Procedural Law. Cum Laude (2005).
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Lawyer (1997).
- Legal Assistant. Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz (1994-1996).