Hernando Barboza Russian
Hernando Barboza is the coordinator of the office of Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz in Maracaibo. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Universidad Rafael Urdaneta, Maracaibo, Venezuela, in 2001. He was awarded with the Order José Felix Ribas, Third Class, by the Presidency of the Republic because of his academic achievements. He also completed a Specialization in Procedural Law (Summa Cum Laude) at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. He completed courses on Labor Procedural Law at Universidad Valle del Momboy, with academic honors, and on the Organic Law on Prevention, Work Conditions and Environment at Fundación Universitas. He also took courses on Advanced Constitutional Law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. He has been a mem er of Travieso Evans Arria Rengel & Paz since 2007 and a partner since 2011.
Hernando Barboza has professional experience as an officer of the Administration of Justice and as a practicing attorney. He was an assistant to and temporary clerk of the Fourth Court for Civil and Mercantile Matters of the State of Zulia and of the First Court of the Municipalities of Maracaibo, Jesús Enrique Lossada, and San Francisco, Zulia State, up to year 2002, when he began to work as a practicing attorney and represented national and foreign prestigious clients. His professional practice has been aimed at offering integral assistance from a preventive standpoint (consultation, opinions, audits, contracting) and from a judicial standpoint (litigation), thus allowing a more complete view of the juridical reality. He was also a member of CARLEM (Advisory Committee for the Legislative Reform and Modernization of Maracaibo City Council).
Hernando Barboza’s professional experience has been supported by the teaching and academic activities developed by him since 2002. He is currently a Professor of Procedural Law at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta. Also, he has been a Professor of Introduction to Law and General Theory of Law at the same University.
He is currently completing a Master’s degree in Constitutional Law at UCAB.
- Speaker in the Seminars on Civil and Labor Procedural Law in homage to Dr. Alberto La Roche (2005).
- Speaker in the Seminars on juridical updating delivered by the Instituto Ángel Francisco Brice of the Bar Association of the State of Zulia (2008).
- Speaker in the Seminars on Procedural Activities of Municipal Courts delivered by the Instituto Ángel Francisco Brice of the Bar Association of the State of Zulia (2010).
- Speaker in the Seminars on Civil and Labor Procedural Law in homage to Dr. Alberto La Roche (2011).
- “Caducidad legal y contractual en el procedimiento civil venezolano”. Journal: Cuestiones Jurídicas, Universidad Rafael Urdaneta.
Positions and Recognitions
- Former member of CARLEM (Advisory Committee for the Legislative Reform and Modernization of Maracaibo City Council).
- Recognition Diploma for having ranked first in the II Lawyers’ Class of Universidad Rafael Urdaneta.
- Recognition Diploma for excellence in the quality of the content and form of his Special Work for Graduation.
- Special Work for Graduation suggested for publication.
- Recognition from the Authorities and Academic Council of Universidad Rafael Urdaneta for the obtainment of the Order “José Felix Ribas”.
- “Luis Beltrán Prieto Figueroa” Student Achievement Award.
- Elected to participate in the Competition to obtain Scholarships to the Franklin Pierce Law Center University.
- Professional Merit Medal granted by the Federation of the Bar Association of Venezuela.
- Professor of Procedural Law at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta.
- Litigation, Arbitration and other Methods of Dispute Resolution
- Labor Law
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Advanced Constitutional Law. (2009).
- Universidad Valle del Momboy. Course on Labor Procedural Law. Academic Honors (2006).
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Specialist in Procedural Law. (Summa Cum Laude) (2002).
- Universidad Rafael Urdaneta, Maracaibo. Lawyer (Summa Cum Laude) (2001).